AHIP Briefing—Health Plan Innovations: Caring for Medicare and Medicaid Patients with Chronic Illnesses
A discussion about the innovative ways health plans are improving the health and well-being of Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries with complex health conditions. Health plan clinicians described their unique approaches to patient-centered care, shared real-life success stories, and presented overall program results.
- Karen Ignagni—President & CEO, America’s Health Insurance Plans
- Laurie Russell, MS, RN, CCM, GCM—Vice President of Quality Strategy & Outcomes, XLHealth Corporation (Presenter's Slides)
- Alan Hoops—Chairman & CEO, CareMore Health Group (Presenter's Slides)
- Tim Schwab, MD, FACP, MHA—Chief Medical Officer, SCAN Health Plan (Presenter's Slides)
- Dr. Indira Paharia, PsyD, MBA, MS—Vice President, Care Integration, Molina Health Care (Presenter's Slides)
Briefing Summary—Health Plan Innovations: Caring for Medicare and Medicaid Patients with Chronic Illnesses
Summary of AHIP’s Capitol Hill briefing, Health Plan Innovations: Caring for Medicare and Medicaid Patients with Chronic Illnesses, where a panel of experts from four health plans described their innovative tools and techniques to help patients with chronic illnesses manage their conditions and avoid preventable, costly hospitalizations; readmissions; emergency room visits; and nursing home stays.
The briefing was held on Friday, January 27th, from 12:00noon to 1:30pm in the Capitol Visitors Center, Room 201.