Consumer Experience Forum One
Wednesday, June 12
9:00 am – 5:30 pm
The first program in the series will be held in conjunction with Institute 2013 in Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 12.
Enhancing the Consumer Experience with Health Plans
As health care dramatically and quickly moves from a wholesale/business-to-business to a retail/business-to-consumer marketplace, the need for enhancing the consumer experience in health insurance plans has never been more critical. This evolution to a consumer-centric environment is happening across the marketplace—from health care consumption to delivery to financing. From selecting their health plans to their type of coverage and providers, consumers will need to be educated on complex benefit decisions and financial obligations. How can health plans invest in the consumer relationship in new ways? How can health plans manage the end-to-end member experience so that every interaction generates brand loyalty and satisfaction? How can health plans create the optimal consumer experience? AHIP’s first Enhancing the Consumer Experience with Health Plan Forum will showcase in-industry as well as out-of-industry consumerism, retail, and customer service experts and thought leaders who will offer strategies and best practices to help drive customer experience innovation within your organization. Participants will gain insights on how to cultivate a shared customer experience vision and refresh their brand positioning to enhance the value proposition. Additional takeaways include approaches for moving to a high-engagement interaction with socialized consumers and structuring the whole consumer experience journey.
Topics to be addressed at AHIP’s first Consumer Experience Forum include:
- How do you build great customer experiences to win in a competitive market?
- How to build a customer-centric culture?
- What role do Chief Customer Officers play in driving improvements?
- How do you engage health consumers in a fragmented marketplace?
- How do you communicate value to consumers and ensure you deliver it?
- What are your retail health channels and do they work together?
- How do you design the optimal consumer experience?
Featured speakers include:
- Gary E. Bacher, JD MPA, Director, AHIP Foundation’s Institute for Health Systems Solutions (IHSS)
- Tom Beauregard, Executive Vice President, Center for Health Reform and Modernization, UnitedHealth Group
- Jeanne Bliss, President, CustomerBliss and Author of Chief Customer Officer: Getting Past Lip Service to Passionate Action
- Alexandra Drane, Founder, Chief Visionary Officer & Chair of the Board, Eliza Corporation
- Tony Glebe, Vice President, Business Development, Truven Health Analytics
- Mark S. Lee, President & CEO, The LEE Group, MI LLC and Former Vice President, Brand Development and Marketing Communications, Florida Blue
- Ingrid Lindberg, Chief Customer Experience Officer, Prime Therapeutics
- Gary Pickens, PhD, Vice President and Chief Research Officer, Center for Healthcare Analytics, Truven Health Analytics
- Kevin Riley, Founder Health Model Innovation; former Chief Innovation Officer at Florida Blue, Founder and former President & CEO at GuideWell, Inc.
- Kaveh T. Safavi, MD, JD, Managing Director, North American Health Industry, Accenture
- Jean-Pierre Stephan, Senior Executive, Health Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Practice, Accenture