America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) is the national trade association representing the health insurance industry. AHIP’s members provide health and supplemental benefits to more than 200 million Americans through employer-sponsored coverage, the individual insurance market, and public programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. AHIP advocates for public policies that expand access to affordable health care coverage to all Americans through a competitive marketplace that fosters choice, quality and innovation.
AHIP offers International Membership to health insurers, health plans, government agencies involved in the financing of health care, and similar organizations based and doing business outside of the United States.
AHIP is widely recognized as the leading voice for the industry in WashingtonD.C. and throughout the United States. From its prominent role in U.S. health policy, AHIP offers a wide variety of health policy expertise, conferences, data, trend and market research, educational programs, and other services and resources of importance to the global healthcare industry. Working closely with member companies, AHIP’s multi-dimensional team creates a unified body of health care professionals worldwide.
All AHIP International Members will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Member-only access to AHIP’s website – an important link to the latest information on AHIP’s efforts and in the areas of clinical, market, legislative and regulatory issues shaping the industry
- Discounted rates for AHIP educational offerings – including attendance at conferences, audio calls, and web-based seminars
- Member rate on AHIP self-study courses - designations and classes offered on the Center for Insurance Education and Professional Development
- E-mail newsletters – electronic publications covering medical affairs, medical technology, legal issues, state affairs, and federal regulatory issues affecting private and commercial health insurance plans
- Networking - opportunities to network and share information with industry leaders from around the world
For more information on International Membership, please email the Membership Frontline or call 202.778.8502