Quick, Convenient, and Flexible Ways to Learn.
AHIP has offered educational programs to hundreds of thousands of professionals for more than 50 years. Whether you’re a new employee, brushing up on your skills, or building your team’s expertise, we offer educational programs to meet your needs. With more content online and expanded course offerings, AHIP will help you learn, achieve, and succeed.
AHIP's self-study courses provide professional knowledge to help improve job skills and performance. You can enroll in courses online, study at your own pace, and test online within our semester system.
AHIP Courses Available in Online Format Include:
- NEW - Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
- NEW - Health Insurance Exchanges and the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- NEW - ICD-10 and 5010 Mandate – A Technology View
- NEW - Understanding Medicare
- NEW - Understanding the Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC)
- RECENTLY UPDATED - Health Insurance Advanced Studies, Part A
- An Introduction to Wellness Programs
- Annuities for Funding Long-Term Care Needs
- Combating Chronic Diseases through Workplace Wellness Programs
- Customer Service Strategies for the Health Care Environment
- Disability, Part I (Primer)
- Disability, Part II (Advanced Issues)
- Disability, Part III (Group and Worksite Issues)
- Fraud, Part I (Introduction)
- Fraud, Part II (Key Products)
- Fundamentals of Health Insurance, Part A (Basics of Health Insurance)
- Fundamentals of Health Insurance, Part B (Basics of Company Operations)
- Healthcare Management: An Introduction (AHM250)
- Health Insurance 101: An Orientation
- Health Insurance Advanced Studies, Part A
- Health Insurance Advanced Studies, Part B
- Long-Term Care, Part I (Needs and Options)
- Long-Term Care, Part II (Financing)
- Long-Term Care, Part III (The Product)
- Long-Term Care, Part IV (Administration and Claims)
- Marketing Medicare Advantage and Part D Prescription Drug Plans: Understanding Medicare Basics, Plan Options, and Marketing and Enrollment Requirements
- Supplemental Health Insurance
- Understanding Annuities
- Understanding Variable Annuities
- Understanding Equity-Indexed Annuities
AHIP offers professional designations in specific industry segments to help advance your career when you choose a combination of required and elective courses.
AHIP Designations Available in Online Format Include:
- NEW - Information Technology Professional (ITP)
- NEW - Information Technology Fellow (ITF)
- Healthcare Compliance ProfessionalTM (HCPTM)
- Annuity Planning Professional (APP)
- Disability Income Associate (DIA)
- Disability Healthcare Professional (DHP)
- Fellow, Academy for Healthcare Management (FAHM®)
- Fellow, Health Insurance Advanced Studies (FHIAS)
- Long-Term Care Professional (LTCP)
- Professional, Health Insurance Advanced Studies (PHIAS)
- Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management (PAHM®)
- Learning Paths
If you aren’t sure where to begin, we offer a tailored approach through specific learning paths – training in a sequence that will help you reach a higher level of expertise. Choose the path that best fits your career goals.
AHIP offers a full range of publications and study manuals. You can use them in conjunction with the program’s courses or as reference tools.
- Webinars and Conferences
AHIP’s educational webinars and conferences offer you the opportunity to learn about the newest approaches, trends, and emerging issues. Click here to view our current listing of topics, dates, and times. We continuously update and enhance our educational events to make them the most relevant in the health care industry.