Overall Health Insurance
Health Insurance 101: An Orientation
Health Insurance 101: An Orientation is a flexible online course that teaches health insurance basics. It provides a comprehensive review that can enhance your skills and prepare you for career opportunities and challenges. If you are new to the industry, the course is an ideal introduction to health insurance basics.
The course is made up of nine 30-minute modules. Review the materials at your own pace and in the sequence you choose.
Health plans have the opportunity to tailor the course’s modules to fit their training needs. For details about customization options and bulk purchases, e-mail Lindsey Canaley at email@example.com or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422.
- Overview of today’s health insurance industry
- Basics of health insurance
- Organization and functions, including enrollment, claims, and customer service
- Clinical quality, utilization management, and pharmacy benefit management
- Pricing, sales, and marketing
- Federal and state regulations, compliance, and ethics
- Wellness and bending the cost curve
- Products (customizable)
- Customer experience
Who Should Take this Course:
- Employees new to the health insurance industry
- Individuals who wish to review health insurance fundamentals
- Health insurance agents and underwriters
$80 AHIP Members; $100 Non-members
To enroll in a course, or purchase a text book, please log in, and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please register for an account to get started.
Earn a Designation
This course is good towards earning the following professional designations: