What is Americaís Health Insurance Plans (AHIP)?
Americaís Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) is the national trade association representing the health insurance industry. AHIPís members provide health and supplemental benefits to more than 200 million Americans through employer-sponsored coverage, the individual insurance market, and public programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. AHIP advocates for public policies that expand access to affordable health care coverage to all Americans through a competitive marketplace that fosters choice, quality and innovation.
- Represent insurance coverage for more than 200 million Americans
- Underwrite 92% of all accident and health business in the United States
- Represent 90% of all commercial managed care enrollments
- Comprise 95% of all Medicare Advantage enrollments
- Represent 80% of the dental benefits marketplace
- Represent nine of the nationís top 10 Medicare supplement carriers