AHIP Adds Seven New Members
Combined, the organizations serve more than 5 million health care consumers
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Seven health care coverage and solutions providers have become members of America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), joining us in our commitment to improve health care for every American:
- Bright Health offers individual, family, and Medicare Advantage plans in Arizona, Colorado, and Alabama. This year, Bright Health expanded its unique Care Partner model of integrated and affordable care into Ohio, Tennessee, and New York.
- CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is the largest health care insurer in the Mid-Atlantic region, serving 3.2 million members in Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and northern Virginia.
- Central States Health and Life Company of Omaha (CSO), an A- AM Best rated carrier, is re-entering the health market and will begin offering Medicare Supplement plans in 2019. Initially, CSO expects to service approximately 8,000 policyholders by offering Med Sup plans in targeted states. Medicare Supplement adds yet another product to CSO’s portfolio, which consists of credit life and disability insurance, debt cancellation programs, and contractual liability insurance.
- Fidelity offers health savings account (HSA) administration to employers, employees, and individuals across the country. With significant growth, year-over-year, and now managing more than $3.5 billion in HSA assets, Fidelity has proven experience helping accountholders plan, manage, and invest for current and future health care needs.
- First Medical Health Plan offers employer-provided and individual coverage, as well as Medicaid, CHIP and dual-eligible plans. It serves more than 550,000 members in Puerto Rico.
- Inland Empire Health Plan is a not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan covering more than 1.2 million residents of Riverside and San Bernardino counties in California.
- National Guardian Life (NGL) is a mutually owned insurance company doing business in 49 states and the District of Columbia, with its subsidiary Commercial Travelers Life operating in NY. Its offerings include student health insurance, group and individual health coverage, including dental, vision, Medicare Supplement, long term care, and specialty products as well as preneed and individual life and annuities.
“These new members represent the breadth, depth and variety of health care choices that Americans need to protect their health and financial security,” said Matt Eyles, president and CEO of AHIP. “We look forward to working with them to make coverage and care more affordable and accessible for everyone we serve.”
America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) is the national trade association representing the health insurance community. AHIP’s members provide health and supplemental benefits to millions of Americans through employer-provided coverage, the individual insurance market, and public programs such as Medicare and Medicaid. AHIP advocates for solutions that expand access to affordable health care coverage to all Americans through a competitive marketplace that fosters choice, quality, and innovation. Visit www.ahip.org for more information.