Build A Strong Foundation
with Health Insurance 101
Just starting out in health care?
AHIP’s Health Insurance 101 helps you get prepared.
Health Insurance 101: An Orientation is a flexible online course that teaches health insurance basics. It provides a comprehensive review that can enhance your skills and prepare you for career opportunities and challenges. If you are new to the industry, the course is an ideal introduction to health insurance basics.
The course is made up of nine 30-minute modules. Review the materials at your own pace and in the sequence you choose.
What You’ll Learn:
- Overview of today’s health insurance industry
- Basics of health insurance
- Organization and functions, including enrollment, claims, and customer service
- Clinical quality, utilization management, and pharmacy benefit management
Pricing, sales, and marketing
- Federal and state regulations, compliance, and ethics
- Wellness and bending the cost curve
- Products (customizable)
- Customer experience
$80 AHIP Members; $100 Non-members
To enroll in a course, or purchase a text book, please log in, and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please register for an account to get started.
Earn a Designation
This course is good towards earning the following professional designations:
Information Technology Professional (ITP)