Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
* Excluding Marketing Medicare Advantage + Fraud, Waste and Abuse; Federal Marketplace Training; the Health Savings Account (HSA) Expert Certificate course; Medicare Primer; taxes; and shipping charges. Students have 90-180 days to complete courses. Coupon code expires 11:59 PM ET, 4.30.20.
It’s no secret – the cost of health care in our country has been significantly rising. We are challenged with finding innovative ways to improve the safety and quality of patient care while making health care more affordable for more people.
One potential solution is to help health plans, doctors, hospitals, and other providers better coordinate care through the establishment of Affordable Care Organizations (ACOs). ACOs create incentives to work together to treat an individual patient across care settings. They will most likely play a major role in improving our health care system.
AHIP’s Accountable Care Organizations online course covers ACOs from a historical perspective to their future impact on health care delivery and payment reforms. After completing the course, you will have answers to questions such as “What are ACOs?”, “How do ACOs affect U.S. health care?”, “How are savings or deficits shared?”, and more.
At a Glance
- 2-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward DIF and HCP® professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- The definition and purpose of Accountable Care Organizations
- The history of Accountable Care Organizations
- The impact of ACOs on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Medicare
- ACOs role beyond Medicare
- ACOs versus HMOs
- Much more
Who Should Take This Course
- Health insurance plan employees
- Product development specialists
- Clinical personnel
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- IT managers
- Operations professionals
- Others in related fields who seek more knowledge of accountable care organizations
- $110 Members
- $150 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: