Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)
As our value-focused industry evolves, the need for innovative ways to deliver and pay for health care continues to grow. Alternative payment models, such as accountable care organizations (ACOs), are leading the way in delivering better value. AHIP’s Accountable Care Organizations online course provides a comprehensive overview of how providers collaborate within ACOs, to help you do your job even better.
At a Glance
- 2-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward DIF and HCP® professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a solid understanding of what accountable care organizations are, their history, purpose, and functions
- Meet the entire ACO team: see how health insurance providers, doctors, hospitals, and other stakeholders leverage ACOs to coordinate patient care
- Examine how ACOs of all sizes create incentives to treat an individual patient across multiple care settings
- Explore alternative payment models including how savings or deficits are shared
- Consider the impact of ACOs on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and Medicare
- Understand ACOs role beyond Medicare and the value they deliver
- Compare ACOs and HMOs—the pros, cons, and value of each
Who Should Take This Course
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Operating Officers
- Clinical personnel
- Health insurance provider staff
- IT managers
- Operations professionals
- Product development specialists
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: