An Introduction To Wellness Programs
Is your organization considering launching a worksite wellness program, or revamping an existing program? AHIP’s An Introduction to Wellness Programs online course can help make your program more outcome-focused, with data-driven evidence that demonstrates the return on your investment. One of the lasting benefits of workplace wellness initiatives is how they create a culture of wellness, helping employees of all ages avoid or lessen the effects of chronic disease, so this course explores the correlation between workplace wellness and health care costs.
At a Glance
- 18-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward the FHIAS® professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- The basics of workplace wellness programs, including benefits to individual participants and opportunities for sponsoring organizations
- Wellness program design elements and options, health risk assessment, and the need for a wellness committee
- Establishing timelines and budget parameters
- The role of senior management; how gender, and diversity within the employee population factor into program design
- Attracting and maintaining employee participation including how to inspire, grow, you’re your staff’s interest
- Approaches to healthy aging including how wellness programs can help workers postpone infirmities associated with chronic diseases
- Steps for gathering data, evaluating outcomes, and achieving return on investment
- Legal issues under HIPAA, GINA, ADA, ERISA, and recent health care reforms
- Various models of care, including patient-centered medical homes, accountable care organizations, and value-based insurance design; how these approaches apply to or can be combined with wellness programs
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Benefits specialists
- Corporate decision-makers
- Employee assistance professionals
- Health, fitness, and rehabilitation professionals
- Human resources professionals
- Long-term care professionals
- Occupational health professionals
- Wellness managers
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation: