Dental Benefits, Part A: An Overview Of Dental Benefits And Dental Plans
When more consumers have access to dental coverage, our entire health care system does better. Recent data shows a compelling link between preventive oral health care and improvements in consumers’ overall health and well-being. AHIP’s Dental Benefits, Part A: An Overview of Dental Benefits and Dental Plans course provides the information you need to navigate and maximize this essential coverage.
At a Glance
- Self-study via textbook
- 1 online exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward DBA and MHP professional designations
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a foundational understanding of how dental coverage works
- Examine the areas where dental plans and medical insurance are similar and how they differ
- Identify different types of dental plans
- Review coverage inclusions and exclusions
- Consider the legal requirements and methods for detecting and deterring fraud
- Understand the industry’s regulatory environment
- Explore network building and how dental plans are marketed
- Learn relevant terms, case scenarios, and key concepts
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Dental students
- Health insurance provider staff
- Plan administrators
- Product managers
- $155 AHIP Members
- $205 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Dental Benefits A Guide to Managed Plans; 3rd edition, 2012
Dental Benefits, Part A: An Overview of Dental Benefits and Dental Plans Study Manual
- Free download with course purchase
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: