Dental Benefits, Part B: A Closer Look At Plan Types And Management
Build on what you learned in Dental Benefits, Part A. AHIP’s Dental Benefits, Part B: A Closer Look at Plan Types and Management course goes deeper into the insurance products that provide approximately 170 million Americans with access to dental care. To help you do your job even better, this online course also focuses on management tactics to maximize high value care.
At a Glance
- Self-study via textbook
- 1 online exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward the DBA professional designation
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Explore a range of models used in the delivery of dental benefits
- Master the rules of dental plan design
- Identify dental plans’ varying organizational types, including PPOs and HMOs
- Take a closer look at the impact of cost drivers
- Examine how dental insurance products are priced, marketed, and sold
- Review best practices for health plan management and evaluation
- Become well-versed in quality standards, utilization, and performance measures
- Open case histories that provide real world insights
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Dental students
- Health insurance provider staff
- Plan administrators
- Product managers
- $155 AHIP Members
- $205 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Dental Benefits A Guide to Managed Plans; 3rd edition, 2012
Dental Benefits, Part B: A Closer Look at Plan Types and Management Study Manual
- Free Downloadable with course purchase
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation: