Disability, Part I (Primer)
* Excluding Marketing Medicare Advantage + Fraud, Waste and Abuse; Federal Marketplace Training; the Health Savings Account (HSA) Expert Certificate course; Medicare Primer; taxes; and shipping charges. Students have 90-180 days to complete courses. Coupon code expires 11:59 PM ET, 4.30.20.
Many consumers underestimate—or are unaware of—the need for
disability insurance (DI). Even those who have some coverage can be unaware of gaps that could undermine their financial health. Disability, Part I (Primer) provides the information you need to introduce your members and clients to the benefits of DI coverage and how it fits in with their overall financial planning.
At a Glance
- 8-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward DIA, DIF, DHP, HCSA, and HIA® professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Recognize the need for DI insurance and how it works
- Identify and evaluate risks and costs associated with disability
- Examine Social Security DI, workers’ compensation, and other government programs
- Understand the government programs’ limitations and how DI closes the coverage gap
- Differentiate between individual, government, and employer-sponsored plans
- Understand the underwriting process, contract provisions, claims administration, and taxation
- Discover how disability fits into retirement, estate, and long-term planning
- Learn relevant terms and key concepts
- Examine case scenarios
- Explore emerging trends in the DI field
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Benefit plan sponsors and staff
- Benefit specialists
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Health underwriters
- Human resources professionals
- $195 AHIP Members
- $255 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Disability Income Insurance: A Primer
- $40 AHIP Members
- $50 Non-members
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations:
This course is co-sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), the International DI Society, the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA), and the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU).