Disability, Part II (Advanced Issues)
Approximately one-third of American workers have private disability insurance (DI). Among claimants who have experienced the benefits of their DI policies, most say that without that coverage, they’d have experienced real financial hardship. To help you introduce DI’s value to more of your members and clients, Disability, Part II (Advanced Issues) puts a focus on DI’s role in smart financial planning.
At a Glance
- 13-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward DIA, DIF, DHP, and HIA® professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the role of standard DI policies in providing basic coverage
- Explore the variety of ways to structure DI programs to meet employee needs
- Examine the role of DI in personal, estate, and long-term care planning
- Acquire detailed knowledge of specialized products, including disability business overhead expense (BOE) insurance, key-person DI, and more
- Review tax and ERISA considerations
- Understand how DI fits into planning with both tax-qualified and non-qualified retirement plans, selective wage continuation plans, and disability buy-sell contracts
- Examine emerging trends in the DI field
- Understand relevant terms and key concepts
- Study case scenarios
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Benefit plan sponsors and staff
- Benefit specialists
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff and sponsors
- Health underwriters
To enroll in a course, please log in, and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations:
Disability, Part II (Advanced Issues) is co-sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans, the International DI Society, and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA).