Disability, Part III (Group And Worksite Issues)
Too often, Americans overvalue the generosity and availability of disability benefits from government programs. They’re unaware that the benefits they’d receive would provide only meager income protection. Group disability insurance (DI) offers the coverage and peace of mind they need. AHIP’s Disability, Part III (Group and Worksite Issues) online course provides the information you need to better serve your members, clients, and partners in the group and worksite marketplace.
At a Glance
- 16-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward DIA, DIF, DHP, and HIA® professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Understand the popularity of group DI coverage among employers and employees
- Explore recent trends toward voluntary plans paid for largely by employees
- Identify and compare the limitations of Social Security, workers’ compensation and other government programs
- Differentiate between short-term and long-term DI coverage
- Examine the differences between individual and group plans
- Explore the selection and underwriting processes
- Acquire new strategies for marketing and sales
- Examine regulatory and tax considerations
- Understand relevant terms and key concepts
- Study case scenarios and learn from their real-life experiences
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Financial planners
- Health underwriters
- Medical directors
To enroll in a course, please log in, and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations:
Disability, Part III (Group and Worksite Issues) is co-sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans, the International DI Society, and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA).