Fundamentals Of Health Insurance, Part A (Basics Of Health Insurance)
Health care spending represents about 18% of our nation’s economy …and growing. With so much at stake, it’s essential to understand the role health insurance providers play in making health care better and more affordable. Fundamentals of Health Insurance, Part A (Basics of Health Insurance) takes a comprehensive look at our industry’s business environment. Whether you’re new to health care or want to widen your scope, this online course can help you do your job even better.
At a Glance
- 16.5-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward DHP, HCSA, HIA®, and MHP professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Get the big picture: understand the importance of the life and health insurance industries in the United States
- Develop a practical understanding of how health insurance works
- Pinpoint the differences between types of coverage, including medical expense, supplemental, long-term care, and disability
- Compare different types of health insurance provider organizations
- Define the needs met by health insurance providers
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of flexible benefit plans
- Explore contract provisions and how individual and group plans are underwritten
- Learn how health insurance products are marketed and sold
- Understand the role of reinsurance in promoting market stability and lower premiums
- Define relevant terms and key concepts
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Health insurance provider staff
- Medical directors
- Technical business solutions advisors
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: