Health Insurance 101: An Orientation
This cornerstone course is more than an introduction to our fast-changing industry. It’s a jumping off point that helps you get up-to-speed or up-to-date, to help you do your job even better. Created by AHIP insurance experts, the Health Insurance 101: An Orientation online course provides a comprehensive overview of how health insurance works while preparing you for opportunities to come.
At a Glance
- 4.5-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward ITP professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a wide understanding of how today’s health insurance industry works
- Learn the operational side: how the industry is organized, as well as such key areas as enrollment, claims, and customer service
- Dig deeper as you encounter such specialized areas as clinical quality, utilization management, and pharmacy benefit management
- Take a closer look at the regulatory side, including federal and state regulations, compliance, and ethics
- Examine how health insurance products are priced, marketing, and sold
- Explore how the culture of wellness and bending the cost curve are transforming health care
- Focus on the end user as you learn more about the customer experience
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Employees new to the health insurance industry
- Individuals who wish to review health insurance fundamentals
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation:
Click here to view Information and Technology Webinars