Health Insurance Advanced Studies, Part A
Our health system is constantly changing and evolving. AHIP’s Health Insurance Advanced Studies, Part A online self-study course is designed to keep your industry knowledge both up-to-date and ahead of the curve. To help you do your job even better, it delivers relevant details and timely insights from a wide range of arenas within this fast-growing field.
At a Glance
- 16.5-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward DBA, DIF, FHIAS®, HIA®, MHP, and PHIAS® professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Explore the impact of court decisions on healthcare reform, including the Supreme Court
- Assess the different ways Americans obtain their health insurance coverage
- Discover how and why some health insurance providers leverage alternate organizational structures
- Gain a deeper understanding of what health insurance exchanges are and how they operate in a post-reform environment
- Explore the concepts behind accountable care organizations (ACOs) and their role in bending the cost curve
- Analyze how Medicare Part D enables significant portions of the senior population to obtain prescription drug coverage
- See how the Affordable Care Act (ACA) has impacted Medicare Part D’s out-of-pocket costs
- Acquire new planning tools for fraud detection and deterrence
- Take a closer look at the interplay of the ACA and recent court decisions that had an impact on Medicaid expansion
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Health insurance provider staff
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: