Health Insurance Advanced Studies, Part B
Take the next step in growing your expertise in such areas as disability, long-term care, supplemental coverage, and dental insurance. To help you do your job even better, the Health Insurance Advanced Studies, Part B online self-study course delves into some of the health care’s most timely, complex, and interconnected areas.
At a Glance
- 11.5-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward FHIAS® professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Enrich your understanding of the exchanges and products offered on the exchanges
- Gain a solid understanding of the concepts behind disability insurance (DI)
- Go high and low: explore the role of DI in replacing income for both high and low wage earners
- Discover how DI, health insurance, and long-term care insurance (LTCI) work together to provide a triangle of financial protection
- Why the need for LTCI remains a key concern for Americans in a post-reform world
- Key concepts of LTCI insurance; its role in financing needed services
- Make the dental-health connection: Discover why research shows people with dental insurance are more likely to have better overall physical health
- Master the concepts underpinning various dental benefit plans in the marketplace
- Sort out why DI, LTCI, and dental benefits have been exempted from many reform requirements
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Health insurance provider staff
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation: