Health Plan Finance And Risk Management (AHM520)
As the nationwide conversation about health care affordability continues to grow, it’s more essential than ever to have a solid understanding of our industry’s financial structure and how to sustainably manage risk. The newly updated Health Plan Finance and Risk Management (AHM520) online course includes more of what you need to know right now to do your job even better.
At a Glance
- 21-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 180 days to complete course
- Counts toward FAHM® professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Analyze the role of strategic financial planning in setting a health insurance provider’s future direction
- Gain an understanding of risk, decisions regarding risk assumption, and how health insurance providers control risk
- Compare the difference between stop-loss insurance and stop-loss reinsurance from the perspective of health insurance providers
- Learn about the financial risks for health insurance provider organizations that provide health care services to Medicare and/or Medicaid populations compared to risks within the commercial population
- Distinguish between fully funded and self-funded plans and the increasing role of self-funding in the marketplace
- Discover how to identify claim related components of health insurance providers’ financial statements
- Recognize different reserving methodologies used by health insurance providers
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Claims managers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Medical directors
- Medical management staff
- Risk managers
- $220 AHIP Members
- $280 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation:
Health Plan Finance and Risk Management (AHM520) is brought to you by the Academy for Healthcare Management (AHM). Sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, AHM relies on both associations’ decades of experience providing continuing education for health insurance plan professionals. AHM serves more than 1,300 health insurance plans caring for and providing coverage to more than 200 million people.