Healthcare Management: An Introduction (AHM250)
PRICES ARE FALLING!
Save 30% on select* AHIP Insurance Education courses
Now through 12.31.18
Use coupon code 2018YESALE
Right now, you can save 30% on select* AHIP online courses, including courses leading towards a career-driving professional designation. To claim your savings, use coupon code 2018YESALE at checkout. Register now and save.
*Discount not applicable to Marketing Medicare Advantage + Fraud, Waste and Abuse, Federal Marketplace Training, the Health Savings Account (HSA) Expert Certificate course, taxes, and shipping charges.
Recently Updated: Providing a comprehensive overview, this course will get you up to speed on the basic concepts of health care management and its various types of organizational structures. You will learn about major operational areas of health insurance plans as well as legislative, regulatory, and ethical issues that affect the industry.
What You’ll Learn:
- The evolution of health care delivery and financing in the United States from prepaid plans to ACOs
- Basic concepts of health plans
- How to distinguish among HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and managed indemnity
- Where HSAs and HRAs fit into today’s consumer centric environment
- Different types of provider organizations
- The importance of network structure and management in delivering quality healthcare.
- The interplay of information technology with essential functions of health plan operations
- Concepts of rating, underwriting, and claims administration in health plan environments
- Important legislative and regulatory issues affecting the health plan industry including the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the 21st Century Cures Act
- The role of government-sponsored programs including Medicare and Medicaid in providing coverage to large segments of the population
Who Should take this Course:
- Employees who work for health care providers or health insurance plans and want to acquire the educational background to pursue a management position in the industry
- Case managers and medical directors who seek a broader administrative background
- Educators at the college level who teach health care administration
- Agents and brokers who specialize in life and health insurance
- Financial planners working with clients seeking to maximize their health dollars
- Medical management staff working in hospitals, health systems, and, health insurance plans
PRICE: $220 AHIP Members; $280 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in, and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please register for an account to get started.
Earn a Designation
This course is good towards earning the following Academy for Health care Management designations:
Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management (PAHM®)
Fellow, Academy for Healthcare Management (FAHM®)
Managed Healthcare Professional (MHP)
This course is brought to you by the Academy for Health care Management (AHM). Sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, AHM relies on both associations’ decades of experience providing continuing education for health insurance plan professionals. AHM serves more than 1,300 health insurance plans caring for and providing coverage to more than 200 million people.