Healthcare Management: An Introduction (AHM250)
Success for Less: Save 30% on this and other select online courses now through 12.31.20. Use coupon code SUCCESS2020. See all your options here.
* Excluding Marketing Medicare Advantage + Fraud, Waste and Abuse; Federal Marketplace Training; the Health Savings Account (HSA) Expert Certificate course; Medicare Primer; taxes; and shipping charges. Students have 90-180 days to complete courses. Coupon code expires 11:59 PM ET, 12.31.20.
As health care professionals work to make health care better, more efficient, and more affordable, health care management has emerged as one of our industry’s most valuable tools. AHIP’s Healthcare Management: An Introduction (AHM250) online course will help you better-serve your members and clients by strengthening your understanding of the management principles transforming health care.
At a Glance
- 15-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 180 days to complete course
- Counts toward PAHM® and FAHM® professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a practical understanding of the evolution of health care delivery and financing in the United States, from pre-paid plans to ACOs
- Understand the basic concepts of health insurance provider organizations
- Distinguish among HMOs, PPOs, POSs, and managed indemnity
- Recognize HSAs’ and HRAs’ roles in today’s consumer-centric environment
- Identify different types of health insurance provider organizations
- Learn the importance of network structure and management in delivering quality healthcare
- Examine the interplay of information technology with essential functions of health insurance provider operations
- Explore the concepts of rating, underwriting, and claims administration in health insurance provider environments
- Delve into legislative and regulatory issues affecting the health insurance industry, including the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and the 21st Century Cures Act
- Understand role of government-sponsored programs, including Medicare and Medicaid, in providing coverage to large segments of the population
- Review relevant terms, industry issues, care scenarios, and concepts
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Medical directors
- Medical management staff
- $220 AHIP Members
- $280 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations:
Healthcare Management: An Introduction (AHM250) is brought to you by the Academy for Healthcare Management (AHM). Sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, AHM relies on both associations’ decades of experience providing continuing education for health insurance plan professionals. AHM serves more than 1,300 health insurance plans caring for and providing coverage to more than 200 million people.