Long-Term Care, Part I (Needs And Options)
Financially, it’s a lifesaver. Long-term care (LTC) insurance provides benefits that help millions of Americans manage the potentially significant costs of skilled care at home, in an assisted living facility, or at a nursing home. Before they invest in LTC, most consumers need sound advice. Long-Term Care, Part I (Needs and Options) will arm you with the information you need to help your members and clients make better decisions.
At a Glance
- 12-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward LTCP, HIA, and HCSA professional designations
- Available in a mobile-friendly, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Understand what LTC is, how it works, and why it’s often the best solution
- Analyze what is driving the growth of the LTC insurance market
- Distinguish between LTC and acute care
- Understand how to identify people who may need long-term care and where it is provided
- Explore various payment methods and the advantages and disadvantage of each
- Review the role of personal funding
- Dive into the sales and marketing process, including strategies sales professionals and health insurance provider organizations use to engage prospects
- Open case scenarios to learn from real-life experiences
- Review relevant terms, industry issues, and concepts
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Health underwriters
- Medical directors
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: