Long-Term Care, Part II (Financing)
Success for Less: Save 30% on this and other select online courses now through 12.31.20. Use coupon code SUCCESS2020. See all your options here.
* Excluding Marketing Medicare Advantage + Fraud, Waste and Abuse; Federal Marketplace Training; the Health Savings Account (HSA) Expert Certificate course; Medicare Primer; taxes; and shipping charges. Students have 90-180 days to complete courses. Coupon code expires 11:59 PM ET, 12.31.20.
When your members and clients are considering their long-term needs, what’s one of the best pieces of advice you can give? Not to underestimate the financial value of long-term care (LTC) insurance. In fact, the vast majority of beneficiaries are satisfied with their LTC coverage and the value it provides. Long-Term Care, Part II (Financing) examines the economic impact of LTC and its role meeting long-term care needs.
At a Glance
- 18-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward LTCP and DIF professional designations
- Available in a mobile-friendly, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Explore historical perspectives on demographics and the economic impact of LTC
- Examine the role of LTC insurance in meeting long-term care needs
- Review options people have for financing extended care
- Compare the benefits and limitations of private LTC funding sources
- Identify the advantages and disadvantages of using personal savings and assets, or tapping other resources such as family, reverse mortgages, private annuities, or life insurance
- Recognize the role and limitations of Medicare and Medicaid in meeting long-term care needs
- Understand Medigap insurance’s role in long-term care planning
- Review tax considerations including deductibility
- Explore planning strategies for future financial needs
- Open case scenarios to learn from real-life experiences
- Review relevant terms, industry issues, and concepts
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Health underwriters
- Medical directors
- $195 AHIP Members
- $255 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Financing Long-Term Care Needs: Exploring Options and Reaching Solutions
- $40 AHIP Members
- $50 Non-members
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: