Long-Term Care, Part III (The Product)
An essential part of building your expertise in the long-term care (LTC) category is growing your understanding the LTC product itself, including the structure that underpins LTC benefits. Long-Term Care, Part III (The Product) will help you have better conversations with your members, clients, and colleagues about how LTC insurance products complement one’s existing coverage, so more consumers are better-prepared for the road ahead.
At a Glance
- 13-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward LTCP professional designation
- Available in a mobile-friendly, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Trace the evolution of the LTC insurance product and innovations health insurance providers have made to better meet consumer needs
- Take a close look at policy design, pricing, and regulation of provisions
- Delve into the impact of HIPAA
- Identify and understand the primary components of LTC insurance, including benefit eligibility, benefit amounts, inflation protection, elimination periods, policy maximums, nonforfeiture, renewal, lapse, and other features
- Dig into premium calculation
- Understand how LTC insurance relates to other insurance products
- Distinguish differences between group and individual coverage
- Open case scenarios to learn from real-life experiences
- Review relevant terms, industry issues, and concepts
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Health underwriters
- Medical directors
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation: