Long-Term Care, Part IV (Administration And Claims)
Long term care (LTC) isn’t just for seniors. Every year, approximately 20 million Americans, in all age ranges, rely on LTC insurance to support them through a health crisis. This huge number of beneficiaries translates to an ever-growing demand for administration and claims expertise. Long-Term Care, Part IV (Administration and Claims) will take your knowledge to the next level, so your organization can grow its leadership in the LTC space.
At a Glance
- 10-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward LTCP professional designation
- Available in a mobile-friendly, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Delve into practices and procedures in several administrative areas, including underwriting, issuance, premiums, policy maintenance, policyholder services, and reporting
- Explore the steps insurers take to control claim costs and hold down premium costs
- Examine such operational areas at LTC administration, claim processing, policy maintenance, and policy holder services.
- Analyze the impact of HIPAA
- Learn about policy maintenance and policy holder services
- Open case scenarios to learn from real-life experiences
- Review relevant terms, industry issues, and essential concepts
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Claims administrators
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Health underwriters
- Medical directors
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation: