Long-Term Care Professional (LTCP)—Combined Course
By 2030, 1 in 5 Americans will be a senior. As this demographic grows, so will the need for long-term care (LTC). To better serve this growing market, the Long-Term Care Professional (LTCP)—Combined Course provides the information you need to introduce your members and clients to the value of LTC coverage.
This single course is the most direct path to earning the career-driving Long-Term Care Professional (LTCP) designation. It covers all of the information in the Long-Term Care Parts I, II, III and IV course series. (Learn more about the multi-course path to earning your LTCP here.)
At a Glance
- 17.5-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 180 days to complete course
- Earns the LTCP professional designation
- Available in a mobile-friendly, self-paced online format or blended-learning setting
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Understand what LTC is, when it is needed, and what it costs
- Delve into how LTC insurance works, including policy provisions, premiums, taxation, and employer-sponsored coverage
- Explore how LTC can and cannot be financed, including government programs, home equity, financial vehicles, and LTC insurance
- Review insurer operations, including sales, underwriting, claims, and administration
- Analyze the latest developments in the LTC field, including new life and annuity hybrid products
- Review relevant terms, including issues, care scenarios, and concepts
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Health underwriters
- Medical directors
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: