Medicaid offers a source of health coverage to millions of Americans. Students who enroll in this course will learn about:
- the ways in the Federal government works together with states to fund and administer the program,
- eligibility rules and the impact of the Affordable Care Act on those rules,
- long-term services and supports as well as those likely to be eligible for such services,
- waivers – what they are and how they can be used to innovate state Medicaid programs,
- how states are turning to managed care and the delivery models used in their Medicaid programs,
- the regulation of Medicaid managed care including the recent Final Rule,
- how Medicaid is currently financed and possible alternatives moving forward.
Who Should take this Course:
- Individuals working at health plans supporting Medicaid patients
- Agents and brokers
- Customer service personnel who support Medicaid enrollees
- Individuals seeking to learn more about public long-term care options
- $110 AHIP Members
- $150 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in, and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please register for an account to get started.
Available in electronic format only. Supplied free of charge to students enrolling in the course.