Since its inception, Medicaid has reshaped the way we provide high-value health care to our nation’s most vulnerable citizens. AHIP’s Medicaid Primer online course provides the information you need to master the fundamentals and innovations of the landmark program, which delivers coverage to more than 75 million Americans, including children, veterans, and people with disabilities.
At a Glance
- 4-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a solid foundation in how the federal government works with states to fund and administer Medicaid
- Explore the program’s eligibility rules and the impact of the Affordable Care Act on those rules
- Compare delivery models used by various state Medicaid programs
- Go deeper into the area of long-term services and supports, including innovative state programs
- Learn why more states are turning to Medicaid managed care
- Understand how Medicaid managed care is regulated, including the Final Rule
- Take a closer look at how Medicaid is currently financed and possible alternatives moving forward
Who Should Take This Course
- Professionals at health insurance provider organizations that support Medicaid programs
- Agents and brokers who work with seniors
- Financial planners seeking more information about public long-term care options
- Customer service representatives at managed care plans where Medicaid recipients have an option to enroll
- $110 AHIP Members
- $150 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Available in electronic format only. Supplied free of charge to students enrolling in the course.