Medical Management (AHM540)
Over the last several years, landmark reports have brought attention to the gaps between evidence-based best practices and the care some patients actually receive. However, when health care organizations adopt medical management tools, the gap closes. As care improves, costs go down. The Medical Management (AHM540) online course provides the information tools you need to ensure that more consumers and patients receive safe, effective, affordable care.
At a Glance
- 23-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 180 days to complete course
- Counts toward FAHM® prrofessional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Understand role of medical management in health insurance provider organizations
- Identify how and why a delegation is used in medical management
- Examine the role of medical management in providing pharmacy services
- Recognize the importance of preventive care and self-care programs
- Explore strategies for managing complex individual cases
- Understand disease management—its purpose, processes, and programs
- Learn how medical management is used in different types of care
- Quality management methods—measurement and improvements
- Recognize how medical management is used to deliver Medicare and Medicaid services
Who Should Take This Course
- Case managers
- Government benefit programs administrators
- Health insurance provider staff
- Medical directors
- Medical management staff
- Pharmacy benefit manager staff
- $220 AHIP Members
- $280 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation:
Medical Management (AHM540) is brought to you by the Academy for Healthcare Management (AHM). Sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, AHM relies on both associations’ decades of experience providing continuing education for health insurance plan professionals. AHM serves more than 1,300 health insurance plans caring for and providing coverage to more than 200 million people.