Nearly 22 million seniors and individuals with disabilities choose to receive their health benefits through a Medicare Advantage (MA) plan. Get the information that will help you better serve this fast-growing market. AHIP’s Medicare Primer online course covers all the basics of MA, including why 90% of MA enrollees are happy with their plans.
At a Glance
- 4.75-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward FHIAS® and HCP® professional designations
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Dig into the historical origins and structure of Medicare as enacted (Original Medicare)
- Explore Medicare’s eligibility rules concerning age and disability
- Understand how Medicare and Medicaid differ
- Compare the two ways Medicare is offered – through Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage (MA) plans
- Divide and conquer: Take a closer look at each of Medicare’s four parts (A through D)
Who Should Take This Course
- Clinical personnel
- Health insurance provider employees
- Operations professionals
- Product development specialists
- $110 AHIP Members
- $150 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designations: