Network Management (AHM530)
Organizations that make network management a priority are better positioned to provide high quality, value-focused care, while maintaining financial sustainability. The Network Management (AHM530) online course is a deep dive into how health insurance providers leverage the network management function to seamlessly integrate health care providers, clinics, hospitals, pharmacies, and other essential stakeholders.
At a Glance
- 21-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 180 days to complete course
- Counts toward FAHM® professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a detailed understanding of the scope and organization of the network management function within health insurance provider organizations
- Understand how network strategies improve access, quality, and cost-effectiveness
- Learn the process for network provider selection
- Master the essential elements of a contractual relationship between health insurance providers and health care providers
- Identify the primary responsibilities and obligations of health insurance providers and health care providers under a provider contract
- Map out how health insurance providers select, contract with, and compensate specialists and health care facilities
- Recognize special requirements that affect network management for Medicare, Medicaid, and workers’ compensation networks
- Explore how health insurance providers ensure their provider networks remain adequate to meet member needs
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Medical directors
- Medical management staff
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation:
Network Management (AHM530) is brought to you by the Academy for Healthcare Management (AHM). Sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans and the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, AHM relies on both associations’ decades of experience providing continuing education for health insurance plan professionals. AHM serves more than 1,300 health insurance plans caring for and providing coverage to more than 200 million people.