Supplemental Health Insurance
Studies show that most Americans would be ill-prepared if an illness or serious accident put them out of work for a sustained period. But among the 25 million who have invested in supplemental health insurance, they’re glad they did. 96% are satisfied and 92% like their plans’ affordability. AHIP’s Supplemental Health Insurance course provides the information you need to introduce more families to the protection and peace of mind this coverage offers.
At a Glance
- 12-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward HIA® professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Gain a detailed understanding of critical illness insurance and how it protects against financial risk
- Better-serve your members and clients by learning how to identify gaps in the insurance they already have
- Sort through the facts and features of major supplemental products in the marketplace, including hospital indemnity coverage, specified disease insurance, Medicare supplements, accident coverage, dental plans, and prescription drug plans
- Understand the impact of the most recent Medigap legislation
- Learn how supplemental products protect individuals from financial risk
- Know the operational side, including policy administration
- Get a clearer picture of what’s ahead for the supplemental health insurance market
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Medical directors
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following designation: