Understanding Social Security Disability Income (SSDI)
For millions of Americans, it’s a financial lifeline. When a debilitating illness or accident occurs, Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) protects individuals and their families from financial hardship. To help you do your job even better, AHIP’s Understanding Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) online course provides the information you need to plan, administer, and manage programs that deliver these essential benefits.
At a Glance
- 1-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward the DIF professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Get a well-rounded understanding of how SSDI works, including eligibility criteria and how monthly benefits are determined
- Master benefit approvals and the appeals process
- Learn about incentive programs open to those who seek to return to work
- Be ready for tax season: Become well-versed in the tax considerations surrounding SSDI benefits
- Measure the impact of the recent economy on COLA adjustments
- Assess the COLA program’s financial status and learn about recent steps to maintain its integrity
Who Should Take This Course
- Agents and brokers
- Case managers
- Claims analysts
- Corporate trainers
- Employee benefit specialists
- Financial planners
- Health insurance provider staff
- Health underwriters
- Human resources professionals
- Medical directors
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please create an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following professional designation: