Understanding The Summary Of Benefits And Coverage (SBC)
Get a solid understanding of your organization’s requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Under the ACA, rules were created that require health insurance providers to create a Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC), an easy-to-understand document that helps consumers understand and compare their benefits. AHIP’s Understanding the Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) online course outlines the information you need to meet these requirements.
At a Glance
- 2-hour course length, plus 1 exam
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward the HCP® professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- Achieve a working understanding of the purpose of the Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC) required under the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
- Learn, via engaging active pop-up windows, SBC’s goals and regulatory requirements
- Know what’s required in an SBC and the rules for each item of information
- Find out who must distribute an SBC, to whom, and when
- Get up-to-speed on issues that have arisen in relation to SBCs and the regulatory guidance addressing those issues
Who Should Take This Course
- Employee benefit program managers
- Health insurance provider staff
- $110 AHIP Members
- $150 Non-members
To enroll in a course, please log in and browse our online catalog. If you are a new user, please register for an account to get started.
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 800.509.4422. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Earn a Career-Driving Professional Designation
This course is good toward earning the following professional designation: