Executive Leadership Program
Back to Executive Leadership Program
Take the next step in your leadership evolution. Apply today.
Are you a current health insurance plan leader with the desire to engage in a discussion about where the industry is going and your role in its future? Apply today. All applications and supporting information must be received by AHIP on or before March 9, 2018 to be considered. The new incoming 2018-19 class will be announced in April, 2018.
In this program, you will meet and have meaningful interactions with health plan and health care colleagues from across the country you wouldn’t otherwise meet. It provides you with the opportunity to expand your knowledge of the industry through first-hand conversations with others facing similar challenges. It also provides unparalleled leadership development that spans the entire year unlike typical leadership development courses that span an 8-hour session. I have grown as a leader thanks to this program.
Angela Eberhardt, Senior Director, Provider Network Operations Management, Medica Health Plans
- Application form with detailed organizational profile
- Curriculum vitae or résumé outlining your professional and educational achievements
- Letter of recommendation
- $200 non-refundable application fee
- Essay 1 (one page max.), detailing:
- An outline of your expectations for the program;
- A list of professional goals and objectives for your ELP or ELP-MD experience;
- A list of three specific leadership/management competencies that you need to develop to improve your professional performance;
- A description of the type of mentor that would be a good match for you in this program; and
- A plan for how you can contribute back to the health care system following this program.
- Essay 2 (one page max.), addressing from your perspective:
- What are the top three challenges facing the health insurance plan community; and
- What can health insurance plans, as well as you in your professional capacity, do to surmount these challenges?
Click Below to Download the ELP Application