1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Void where prohibited and outside of the fifty (50) U.S. states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or the U.S. territories and possessions.
2. Eligibility. Promotion is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or the United States territories who are 18 years of age or older (19+ in NE and AL; 21+ in MS) and who attend AHIP’s 2021 Institute & Expo Online virtual conference or event (“Virtual Conference”) where the AHIP Connections Online Challenge promotion (“Promotion”) is offered.
Not eligible to participate are: 1) members of the press or media; 2) employees, officers and directors (including immediate family members or members of the household) of America’s Health Insurance Plans, Inc. (“AHIP”), its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising, fulfillment and promotion agencies; 3) employees, officers and directors of any companies or entities associated with the Promotion; 4) employees, officers and directors of Virtual Conference sponsors, exhibitors, and vendors, as may be further defined herein; and 5) any Virtual Conference session and/or panel speaker, moderator or presenter.
Each eligible individual who participates in and attends the Virtual Conference at any time from 9:00 AM ET, Tuesday, June 22, 2021 through 5:15 PM ET, Thursday, June 24, 2021, shall be a participant in the Promotion.
Participation constitutes your (participant’s) full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules, which shall be final in all respects.
3. Dates. Promotion will start on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 9:00 AM ET and conclude on Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 5:15 PM ET (“Promotion Period”). Winners will be determined based on a random drawing conducted from all valid entries completed during the Promotion Period. A complete winner list will be posted at https://www.ahip.org/instituteconnections-2021-winners/.
4. Questions/Opt-Out. Questions regarding the Promotion or requests to be removed from prize consideration should be directed to both Elaine Powell at firstname.lastname@example.org and the Virtual Conference registration desk at email@example.com.
5. How to Participate. Participants can earn points for entries to win by: (a) engaging in specified activities with Virtual Conference sponsors, exhibitors and vendors in the Virtual Conference environment (see below); as well as by (b) locating Fleur-de-Lis scavenger hunt icons hidden throughout the Virtual Conference environment. Those points automatically earn entries to win prizes, as detailed below.
Engagement activities that earn points are: (1) visiting Virtual Conference sponsor, exhibitor or vendor booths and lounges; (2) attending keynote sessions, spotlight sessions, concurrent sessions or influencer series sessions; (3) viewing or downloading sponsor, exhibitor or vendor provided or certain other content; and (4) locating Fleur-de-Lis scavenger hunt icons hidden throughout the Virtual Conference environment. Each completed engagement activity earns a participant one (1) point. Two (2) points automatically earn a participant one (1) entry in the Promotion. Points are not rounded up for purposes of calculating an entry.
LIMIT: FIVE (5) ENTRIES PER PARTICIPANT. ADDITIONAL ENTRIES MAY BE DISQUALIFIED. Automated entries or entries submitted by third parties may be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the participant. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will disqualify that participant’s entries, and that participant and/or entries may be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to AHIP or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified.
The Virtual Conference software platform is the official time- and point-keeping device for the Promotion. All point totals and entries are subject to final review, audit, and confirmation by AHIP. No point or entry totals will be shared with any participant or Virtual Conference attendee. No participant point or entry totals will be displayed in the Virtual Conference environment, in a participant’s conference profile (if available), or visible to any participant or Virtual Conference attendee, sponsor, vendor or exhibitor.
6. Selection of Winners. Following Promotion End, AHIP will select eight (8) winners from all eligible participants. Winning participants will be selected by a random drawing conducted from all eligible, valid entries completed during the Promotion Period. A Grand Prize winner will be drawn first, and then proceed with subsequent drawings occurring in the following order: three (3) Second Prize winners will be drawn; and four (4) Third Prize winners will be drawn. Limit one (1) prize per participant. The odds of winning any prize are based on the total number of eligible entries received.
7. Prizes. Eight (8) prizes in total will be awarded by AHIP, composed of: one (1) Grand Prize; three (3) Second Prizes; and four (4) Third Prizes, as detailed below.
|Prize Category||Prize Name and Description||Prize ARV|
|Grand Prize||Hydrow® Starter Package
Package includes: Hydrow Rower, under machine mat, polar heart rate monitor, Jaybird Tarah Pro wireless headphones (color may vary), free standard shipping, 1-year home use warranty and 1-year membership with unlimited profiles.
|Second Prize||Amazon Echo Show 10
Third Generation 10.1″ HD smart display (colors will vary based on availability).
|Third Prize||Masterclass 1-Year Subscription
One year membership includes unlimited access to all classes and new classes as they launch within your membership period. Classes available anytime, anywhere on via smartphone, personal computer or streaming media players.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes is $4,389.00.
Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the individual prize winner. Winner is responsible for providing AHIP with all information necessary to prepare and/or complete any tax-related forms or other requirements. Prize cannot be substituted, swapped, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, AHIP reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its sole discretion. AHIP will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other Promotion or offer. AHIP’s decisions are final in all matters regarding this Promotion.
8. Conditions. AHIP will attempt to notify a winning participant by sending a notification to the email address associated with participant’s Virtual Conference registration. Winner must respond to the initial prize award winner notification email within forty-eight (48) hours from the date and time AHIP sends the initial notification to winner. Any subsequent or follow-up communications from AHIP shall not be construed or relied upon as resetting, suspending or extending the time a winner has to respond. If winner fails to respond within the time limit, winner shall have forfeited the prize and all their entries and it shall be within AHIP’s sole discretion to select an alternate winner.
Except where legally prohibited, each winner must return, within ten (10) days of being notified, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond following AHIP’s initial prize award winner notification email, or if they fail to sign and return the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or any other documentation that AHIP may require, in its sole discretion, within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a winner is disqualified for any reason, AHIP will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all other eligible participants’ entries completed during the Promotion Period. If AHIP is unable to determine and verify a winner after repeated alternate drawings or if AHIP fails to receive a sufficient number of entries to correspond to the number of prize(s) available to be awarded, AHIP reserves the right to not award the prize(s).
ALL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY AHIP, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND PARTICIPANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
A complete winner list will be posted online at https://www.ahip.org/instituteconnections-2021-winners/.
If these rules differ from any promotional or other materials published in connection with the Promotion, these rules shall control.
9. Limitation of Liability/Publicity Releases. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION CONSTITUTES PARTICIPANT’S GRANT TO AHIP (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF AHIP), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE PARTICIPANT’S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
Participant agrees to release and hold AHIP, its officers, directors, affiliates, employees, contractors, subsidiaries, agents, and partners (the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against all liability, arising from or in any way related to this Promotion. Participant shall indemnify AHIP, its officers, directors, affiliates, contractors, subsidiaries, agents, employees and partners from and against all claims or suits and any damages or costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from or relating to participant’s violation or inaccuracy of any warranties or representations made relating to this Promotion.
Points or entries that are incomplete, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forged, counterfeited or irregular in any way, are automatically void. AHIP is not liable for: (a) any point(s), entry(ies), total(s), or any prize(s) that are: (i) lost, late, damaged, stolen, tampered with, garbled, incomplete, misdirected, forged, illegible, mutilated, corrupted, unredeemable or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules; or (ii) lost, late, corrupted or interrupted due to (A) unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, website or other connections, (B) failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure, or (C) jumbled, scrambled, delayed or misdirected transmissions, computer hardware or software; or (b) typographical, mechanical, telephonic, electronic or network errors relating to or in connection with this Promotion, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing or calculation of points, entries, the announcement of the prizes, or in any Promotion-related materials; or (c) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion.
AHIP does not assume responsibility for any typing/printing error, human error, omission, theft, destruction, unauthorized access, alteration, or malfunction of any kind that causes any injury, damage, or loss to any person resulting from participation in this Promotion. AHIP is not responsible for any fraud or misconduct on the part of any participant or Virtual Conference sponsor, exhibitor, vendor, or platform provider. Should a participant engage in fraud or misconduct of any nature, including but not limited to a violation of the Official Rules, such participant shall be subject to immediate disqualification.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY PARTICIPANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY, OR LOST PROFITS, RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION OR IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS PROMOTION CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURANCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF AHIP. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY, OR LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE.
Participant’s sole damages shall be limited to participant’s actual out of pocket expenses, excluding attorneys’ fees.
10. WARNING. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, AHIP RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. AHIP reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Promotion, and/or the legitimate operation of the Promotion; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
AHIP reserves the right to terminate, modify or amend the Promotion at any time if the fairness, integrity, and or proper administration of the Promotion is jeopardized. AHIP fully reserves the right at any time, for any reason, in its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, including if the Promotion is not capable of being completed as planned, including infection by computer viruses or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort beyond the reasonable control of AHIP, which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this Promotion. This includes, but is not limited to, that if, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, AHIP may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect point(s) or entry(ies) and (a) modify the Promotion or suspend the Promotion to address the impairment and then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
11. Force Majeure: Without limitation to AHIP’s other rights set forth in this Agreement, AHIP hereby retains the right (in its sole discretion) to suspend, modify and/or terminate the Promotion or the participation of any participant(s) in the event that AHIP is unable to complete the Promotion and/or award any prize because of force majeure events, including any strike, fire, war, terrorist, or governmental action, epidemic, pandemic or any disruptive event beyond our control. If the participation of any participant is suspended as set forth herein, the period of their participation in the Promotion shall be deemed extended by a period equivalent to the period of suspension, unless otherwise announced on the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, no termination hereunder shall affect AHIP’s rights hereunder or any of its rights in and to the Promotion, which shall remain in full force and effect.
12. Law. This Promotion is void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations apply. Except where prohibited, participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of the District of Columbia or the appropriate state court located in the District of Columbia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the participant and AHIP in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the District of Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the District of Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the District of Columbia.
13. Entire Agreement. These Official Rules set forth the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings relating thereto, whether oral or written.
14. Privacy. By attending the Virtual Conference and voluntarily providing certain personal information as described in these Official Rules, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information by AHIP only for purposes of this Promotion, unless you otherwise opted in to receive further communications from AHIP and/or any Virtual Conference sponsors, exhibitors, and/or vendors.
15. Promotion Sponsor. Promotion is sponsored by America’s Health Insurance Plans, Inc., 601 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, South Building, Suite 500, Washington, D.C. 20004. Hydrow®, Amazon, and MasterClass are not official sponsors of, nor are they affiliated with, the Promotion.
Copyright ©2021 America’s Health Insurance Plans, Inc. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners in the United States and abroad. All rights reserved.
LAST UPDATED JUNE 1, 2021