Vice President, Affinity & Licensing Programs
The Vice President, Affinity & Licensing Programs, is responsible for the conceptualization, development and implementation of the Affinity & Licensing Programs for AHIP. Position shall conceive, develop, lead and implements strategies and program to initiate, manage and maximize growth from affinity and licensing business opportunities with solution vendor partners for AHIP. The VP will work effectively with a cross-departmental units including Business Development, Conferences and Marketing teams. The position will support collaborative best practices that increases revenue and impact for AHIP member organizations that:
- Adds growth revenue to support AHIP’s mission
- Enhance member organizations experience and further engages them in the work AHIP
- Creates a business ecosystem that AHIP can leverage across its diverse membership base
- Add solution partners and services whose products & services ultimately either help member plan consumers or their businesses
This is a new position, so duties are subject to change.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Further conceive and develop a business affinity and licensing program for AHIP
- Develop appropriate business and related marketing plans
- Secure board and member support for active participation in program
- Creates engagement and marketing strategies to grow the program
- Produces regular reporting to report the progress and impact of the program
- Creates appropriate legal and/or processes for the program to function and secure revenue
- Build a portfolio of affinity partners and successfully cultivate favorable contracts with them
- Provide regular updates on progress of program
- Provide creative thinking to build the program successfully
- Design engagement plans in collaboration with other development staff and AHIP departments
- Collaborate with other members of the Business Development team to identify and grow current
- Stays current on trends, best practices, and research around leadership and affinity and licensing programs.
- Other duties as assigned by COO
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mind set
- Sales and marketing management
- Sales leadership
- Business development
- Strategic thinking
- Results driven
- Persuasive with executive decision makers
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent team player
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities initially; but additional resources may be added based on the business need.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., however may require long hours and weekend work.
Some travel can be expected for this position as deemed appropriate to implement strategic initiatives.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated affinity program revenue development
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in affinity program revenue development, with at least five years of proven revenue development
- Experience in nonprofit organizations required.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s in Business Administration or similar field.
- Creative thinker and self-starter
- Needs to build the program from ground up inception to implementation
- Strong presentation skills required
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to interact and establish rapport with diverse audiences and leaders
- Ability to plan, prioritize and implement multiple assignments and projects simultaneously and maintain deadlines is critical
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as a member of a team
- Demonstrate initiative and the ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn IMIS Database
- Effective customer service skills
- Good physical condition with the ability to bend, lift up to 50 pounds and
- Able to serve as a representative of AHIP by displaying courtesy, tact, consideration and discretion in all interactions
- Safeguard all confidential information used in the performance of duties.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.