Master Medicaid With AHIP’s New Medicaid Primer Course
New! Medicaid Primer Course
$110 AHIP Members
AHIP’s new Medicaid Primer online course gives you a solid understanding of the landmark public program that delivers health coverage to millions of Americans. You’ll master Medicaid’s fundamentals and ongoing innovations including funding and administration, eligibility rules, long-term services, waivers, and regulation of managed care, including the Final Rule.
Who Should take this Course:
- Individuals working at health plans supporting Medicaid patients
- Agents and brokers
- Customer service personnel who support Medicaid enrollees
- Individuals seeking to learn more about public long-term care options
Students who enroll in this course will learn about:
- the ways in the Federal government works together with states to fund and administer the program,
- eligibility rules and the impact of the Affordable Care Act on those rules,
- long-term services and supports as well as those likely to be eligible for such services,
- waivers – what they are and how they can be used to innovate state Medicaid programs,
- how states are turning to managed care and the delivery models used in their Medicaid programs,
- the regulation of Medicaid managed care including the recent Final Rule,
- how Medicaid is currently financed and possible alternatives moving forward.
If you are a new user, you will be asked to register to get started. If already have an account simply login to register for the designation.