Men’s Health: Whole Health And The Value Of Prevention
posted by AHIP
on June 14, 2021
It’s both Men’s Health Month and Men’s Health Week, and we’re focusing on the power of health coverage and prevention. It’s an issue of special importance for men. Nearly 15% of men in America are in fair or poor health, and nearly 41% of men age 20 and older are defined as obese, according to the CDC.
Health insurance providers are committed to supporting men—and every American—by covering evidence-based preventive health care to identify warning signs of potential health problems before they develop into more serious conditions. They also help keep existing health conditions under control. Here’s how.
- Health coverage protects both your health and financial security. Today, there are more options than ever before for coverage.
- Regular checkups can help identify concerns before they become problems. Health insurance providers cover these appointments and many preventative screenings are free of charge.
- Oral health is a part of overall health. Stay ahead of problems with preventive services like teeth cleanings and routine office visits.
- Routine vision care protects your sight and can identify serious health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and some cancers.
- Stay up-to-date on immunizations. Protect yourself from preventable diseases like measles, COVID-19, and the flu.
- Mental health is health. Many health insurance providers have expanded access to behavioral health services, including telehealth, to make it easier for people to get the care they need.
- Healthy communities support healthy people. Access to jobs, safe housing, and healthy food play a big role in your ability to live a healthy life—that’s why health insurance providers are investing in their local communities.
Make sure you get the care you need to live a long, healthy life.