Must-See Sessions At The National Conferences On Medicare, Medicaid & Duals 2017
posted by Stephani Simmons
on September 14, 2017
Policymakers, administration officials, health plan leaders, and industry thought leaders will gather at AHIP’s National Conferences on Medicare, Medicaid, and Duals on Sept. 24-28 Washington, D.C., to tackle some of health care’s biggest challenges. Here are a few sessions you can’t afford to miss at each conference:
National Conference on Medicare
- As opioid abuse remains a national crisis – roughly 20,000 people per year die from painkillers, more than gun violence. Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe will kick off the conference with a keynote session highlighting the issue and its impact on Medicare and our nation.
- The importance of Medicare Advantage is simple: The MA program provides better value, better services, better health, and delivers real results for the people who depend on the program. Humana President and CEO Bruce Broussard will speak about transforming the health care delivery system and what it means for Medicare Advantage beneficiaries.
National Conference on Duals
- Caring for dual-eligible patients requires a comprehensive range of medical and social support services. Tim Engelhardt, director of federal coordinated health care office at the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), will share the agency’s view of the program as well as future policy and specific initiatives under consideration.
National Conference on Medicaid
- For 50 years, the Medicaid program brought satisfaction and security to more than 74 million Americans. HKaiser Permanente’s Chairman and CEO Bernard Tyson will highlight Medicaid from a health plan perspective and the role of managed care plays in delivering Medicaid benefits across the country.
- Two senior health advisors to the House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee will provide a view of the Medicaid program and Medicaid reform legislation from Capitol Hill.
Be sure to explore the agendas to fill up the rest of your schedule. And you can follow the conversation online using our hashtag #AHIPMMD.
Want to attend? Register today for the National Conferences on Medicaid, Medicare & Duals!