by Jasmine Phiri
January 29, 2021
Alston & Bird LLP
Elinor Hiller is a partner in the Health Care Group. She focuses her practice on regulatory and legislative issues concerning health care payers, providers, and manufacturers. She has experience representing clients across the health care industry on policy matters, with a focus on Medicare Advantage and Part D, Medicare fee-for service payment rules, and federal insurance oversight.
Elinor previously served at the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), where she was most recently the administrator’s senior advisor for Medicare. Elinor advised the administrator and other senior agency officials on all parts of Medicare and also led initiatives related to health care price transparency. Earlier in her time at CMS, Elinor was the director of the Medicare Parts C and D Analysis Group in the Office of Legislation, where she worked closely with staff for the Senate Finance, House Ways & Means, and House Energy &Commerce Committees on legislative priorities and Administration policy.
• Advising a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical and medical device supplier and health IT developer on HHS
interoperability and information blocking regulations.
• Assisted stakeholders with coverage and payment issues before CMS.
• Drafted legislative solutions to address expiring provisions key to client business.
• Prepared comment letters for industry coalitions.
Publications & Presentations
• Cost, Quality, and Care: The Medicare Equation, Washington, D.C., June 25, 2019.
Professional & Community Engagement
• American Health Lawyers Association
• Georgetown University (J.D., 2007)
• Wellesley College (B.A., 2004)
Admitted to Practice
• District of Columbia
• Massachusetts (Inactive)
Health Care | Health Care Legislative & Public Policy | Health Care Regulatory Counseling and Fraud & Abuse |FDA/Food, Drug & Device