Fritz Busch, FSA, MAAA
by Rachad Davis
February 1, 2017
Fritz’s experience includes 27 years as an actuary and business leader in the insurance industry. Prior to starting at Milliman, he was with one of the larger Blue plans and had several consulting roles with McKinsey & Co.
His commercial carrier experience includes a wide range of actuarial plan management functions that include reserving and annual statement work, trend analysis, commercial large group pricing, ACA individual and small group pricing, Medicare Supplement pricing, benefit plan design and product development. At Milliman, he has successfully worked with a variety of clients including regulators, insurance company executives, and others. He is a frequent speaker at industry and public policy meetings.
Recent client projects include:
- ACA Individual and small group market strategies, product development, pricing and filings, competitive analysis, strategic positioning, market assessments, and risk adjusted profitability analysis
- Commercial large group rating and experience analysis
- Association Health Plan (AHP) regulation, strategy, plan management, pricing, and implementation
- Provider-owned plan contracting changes support and impact on new product development
- Multi-payer fee schedule parity analysis for a large hospital system client
- Capitation rate development
- Utilization and unit cost benchmarking for Individual ACA market entries
- State1332 Waiver analysis
Publications and Presentations
- Co-Author – Emerging Data on Consumer-Driven Health Plans. American Academy of Actuaries Monograph, May 2009.
- Co-Author – Consumers to the Rescue? A Primer on HCHPs and HSAs. Society of Actuaries Health Watch, February 2019.
- Presenter – AHIP National Conference on the Individual and Small Group Markets, 2017 and 2018.