by Jasmine Batchelor
April 9, 2019
Principal, Health Care, Oliver Wyman; and Customer Success and Physician Advisory Council, Practicing Wisely
Lucy has been a strategic advisor to healthcare companies for more than a decade, focused on helping organizations shift to value-based care. As a principal in Oliver Wyman’s Health and Life Science practice, she has helped long-term clients achieve strategic initiatives:
- For several large providers and payers, deploying the Practicing Wisely appropriateness solution to practicing physicians to drive self-awareness and reduce unnecessary care
- For a large health system, developed a ten-year enterprise strategy to focus on population health management, segmented care delivery, and ambulatory transformation
- For a large health system, developed a network performance management tool to track key metrics in adequacy, quality, access, satisfaction, and cost, for 50 facilities and 6K physicians
- For a top 5 Blue, developed the business case for an ACO-based tiered network product, designed the provider tiering methodology with actuarial validation, and drove pre-launch provider engagement
- For a large health system, developed the strategy and supported negotiations to create a JV with a national payer, focused on narrow network products for commercial and Medicare Advantage
Prior to joining Oliver Wyman and Practicing Wisely, Lucy advised pharma/biotech clients at ClearView Healthcare Partners on growth strategy projects such as therapeutic area strategy, mechanistic and commercial opportunity assessment, and M&A due diligence.
Lucy received her undergraduate degree in Neurobiology from Harvard University.