Nathanael J. Watters
by Jasmine Batchelor
February 25, 2019
Vice President, Sales,
- Role at Centene, responsible for sales and retention efforts for Ambetter, Centene’s national health insurance marketplace product.
- Early experience in the health insurance space began in the pre-ACA days of individual health insurance at Celtic Insurance.
- Celtic was a privately held company that maintained licenses in 49 states .
- Celtic gave experience negotiating both state regulatory and market dynamics in the context of a national product.
- Centene acquired Celtic in 2008, as ACA approached transitioned in to focusing launching product in that market.
- Launched Ambetter for first open enrollment period and have continued to grow with each year.
- Today my team and I manage the strategy and day to day execution of sales efforts across Ambetter’s footprint including: broker, web broker, and direct to consumers sales channels.