The Critical Role Of Disability Income Insurance In The Lives Of Working Americans
posted by AHIP
on July 28, 2021
Global Strategy Group (GSG), on behalf of AHIP, conducted an online survey among 504 disability income (DI) insurance claimants who received income payments within the last 10 years.
- Satisfaction with disability income (DI) insurance plans has increased over the years.
- Claimants are satisfied with the financial benefits they receive from their DI coverage and have positive feelings about their interactions with their insurers.
- By providing income while they were disabled, claimants say that DI insurance gave them peace of mind and provided them with short-term financial security. It even ensured they could take care of others.
- The majority of DI insurance claimants believe that the COVID-19 pandemic has reinforced and increased their appreciation of their coverage.
- DI insurance safeguarded claimants’ financial stability and ensured they would not have to take damaging financial measures to stay afloat.
- DI insurance claimants support the establishment of paid leave programs and want to see private DI insurers play an active role in its administration.