Tips For Building A Good Speaker Session
These guidelines have been developed to assist you in planning the best possible educational session:
- We strongly encourage you to select a health insurance plan client or another independent industry thought-leader to present in your session. Attendees generally perceive a session without these types of people as a ‘sales pitch’ and these types of sessions have not been well-received.
- Do not replicate educational sessions previously presented at AHIP educational events.
- We recommend that for a 45-minute session you have two speakers and a moderator (determined and provided by you). Moderators serve to ensure that the session starts and ends on time, introduces the speaker(s) and facilitates the Q&A portion of your session. This can be someone from your company or a client that you wish to give more visibility.
- Speakers should bring their presentation with them to the conference on a USB memory stick. Please email your presentation to email@example.com at least one week in advance of the conference and AHIP will load your presentation on the room laptop before your session begins.
- PDF copies of your presentations can be provided via our website after the conclusion of the conference. Please email the presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to do this.
- Please have your session information ready and approved by the listed deadlines – having the information on time allows for better exposure. Also, delays in providing session titles can result in omission from signage or other onsite materials.
- Sponsors have a non-exclusive licenses to use AHIP’s 2018 Medicare/Medicaid conferences logo/branding in connection with promotion of your session. To request the logo, contact us at email@example.com.