Executive Leadership Program
ELP Curriculum And Calendar
Back to Executive Leadership Program
Take your leadership ability to the highest level. Invest your talents in the Executive Leadership Program (ELP).
Over the course of 12 months, you’ll build a strong network of peers, bound together by shared experiences and a learning journey unlike any other.
The ELP experience opens you up to different perspectives on how the health care system works—and sometimes where it doesn’t work. You’ll look at things through a far-ranging telescope to see the realm of the possible. You’ll learn how to ask the hard questions. And how to affect the changes that will help evolve the system.
You’ll get a 360-degree view of the system. You’ll work with people outside of your wheelhouse. You’ll leave with an insider’s view of health care that cannot be gained from any other experience.
- Two intensive academic sessions
- One special intensive academic session at Northwestern University’s prestigious Kellogg School of Management in the Fall. This session may take place in-person or virtually, depending on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Guided mentoring throughout the year with a Primary and a Secondary Mentor, and a one- or two-day site visit to your Primary Mentor’s organization. Site visit may take place in-person or virtually, depending on the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Case study development that enables Fellows to prepare, present, and discuss real-life issues specific to their organization.
- Practical leadership assessments and leadership action plans based on constructive feedback.
The personal connections you make with other fellows are priceless. The time spent with the presenters and the week at Kellogg taught me more than I have learned in any other professional development opportunity to date.
Jerry E. Spicer, DNP RN NEA-BC CHIE FACHE, Vice President, Regional Patient Care Services, Kaiser Permanente
2022-2023 CLASS CALENDAR
First Quarter 2022
- Application deadline: April 1, 2022. Please contact Please contact ELP@ahip.org with questions.
Second Quarter 2022
- Fellow selection notification: May 2022
- Summer Academic Session (I): June 20-21, 2022
- AHIP 2022: June 21-23, 2022
Third Quarter–Fourth Quarter 2022
- Fall Academic Session, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Site Visit to Primary Mentor’s Organization
First Quarter 2023
- Spring Academic Session (III), Dates being finalized
- 2023 National Conference on Health and Government Health Programs, March 13-17, 2023
Second Quarter 2023
- ELP and ELP-MD 2022-2023 Class Graduation, Date and location being finalized
I can’t say enough about the benefits of the Kellogg session. I’ve been able to tangibly apply much of the learning on the job already to lead within our own organization more effectively. – Brian Tajlili, Director, Vice President, Chief Actuary, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina