Executive Leadership Program
ELP Curriculum And Calendar
Back to Executive Leadership Program
Take your leadership ability to the highest level. Invest your talents in the ELP.
Over the course of 12 months, you’ll build a strong network of peers, bound together by shared experiences and a learning journey unlike any other.
The ELP experience opens you up to different perspectives on how the health care system works — and sometimes where it doesn’t work. You’ll look at things through a far-ranging telescope to see the realm of the possible. You’ll learn how to ask the hard questions. And how to affect the changes that will help evolve the system.
You’ll get a 360-degree view of the system. You’ll work with people outside of your wheelhouse. You’ll leave with an insider’s view of health care that cannot be gained from any other experience.
- Two intensive academic sessions held in conjunction with AHIP conferences in March and June.
- One special intensive academic session at Northwestern University’s prestigious Kellogg School of Management in the Fall.
- Guided mentoring throughout the year with a Primary and a Secondary Mentor, and a one- or two-day site visit to your Primary Mentor’s organization.
- Case study development that enables Fellows to prepare, present, and discuss real-life issues specific to their organization.
- Practical leadership assessments and leadership action plans based on constructive feedback.
The personal connections you make with other fellows are priceless. The time spent with the presenters and the week at Kellogg taught me more than I have learned in any other professional development opportunity to date.
Jerry E. Spicer, DNP RN NEA-BC CHIE FACHE, Vice President Regional Patient Care Services, Kaiser Permanente
2018-2019 CLASS CALENDAR
First Quarter 2018
- Application Deadline: March 9, 2018
Second Quarter 2018
- Fellow Selection Notification: early April
- Summer Academic Session, San Diego, CA, June 18-19
- ELP and ELP-MD 2017-2018 Class Graduation, San Diego, CA, June 19
- AHIP’s 2018 Institute & Expo, San Diego, CA, June 20-22
Third Quarter – Fourth Quarter 2018
- Fall Academic Session, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, September 24-28, 2018
- Site Visit to Primary Mentor’s Organization
First Quarter 2019
- Spring Academic Session, Washington, D.C., March 11-12
- National Health Policy Conference, Washington, D.C., March 13-14
Second Quarter 2019
- ELP and ELP-MD 2018-2019 Class Graduation, Nashville, TN, June 18
- AHIP’s 2019 Institute & Expo, Nashville, TN, June 19-21
I can’t say enough about the benefits of the Kellogg session. I’ve been able to tangibly apply much of the learning on the job already to lead within our own organization more effectively. – Brian Tajlili, Director, Actuarial and Pricing Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina