Executive Leadership Program
ELP Curriculum And Calendar
Back to Executive Leadership Program
Take your leadership ability to the highest level. Invest your talents in the ELP.
Over the course of 12 months, you’ll build a strong network of peers, bound together by shared experiences and a learning journey unlike any other.
The ELP experience opens you up to different perspectives on how the health care system works — and sometimes where it doesn’t work. You’ll look at things through a far-ranging telescope to see the realm of the possible. You’ll learn how to ask the hard questions. And how to affect the changes that will help evolve the system.
You’ll get a 360-degree view of the system. You’ll work with people outside of your wheelhouse. You’ll leave with an insider’s view of health care that cannot be gained from any other experience.
- Two intensive academic sessions held in conjunction with AHIP conferences in March and June.
- One special intensive academic session at Northwestern University’s prestigious Kellogg School of Management in the Fall.
- Guided mentoring throughout the year with a Primary and a Secondary Mentor, and a one- or two-day site visit to your Primary Mentor’s organization.
- Case study development that enables Fellows to prepare, present, and discuss real-life issues specific to their organization.
- Practical leadership assessments and leadership action plans based on constructive feedback.
The personal connections you make with other fellows are priceless. The time spent with the presenters and the week at Kellogg taught me more than I have learned in any other professional development opportunity to date.
Jerry E. Spicer, DNP RN NEA-BC CHIE FACHE, Vice President Regional Patient Care Services, Kaiser Permanente
2020-2021 CLASS CALENDAR
First Quarter 2020
- Application Deadline: March 20, 2020
Second Quarter 2020
- Fellow Selection Notification: April 30, 2020
- Summer Academic Session, Miami, FL, June 15-16, 2020
- ELP and ELP-MD 2019-2020 Class Graduation, Miami, FL, June 16, 2020
- AHIP’s 2020 Institute & Expo, Miami Beach Convention Center, Miami, FL,
June 17-18, 2020
Third Quarter – Fourth Quarter 2020
- Fall Academic Session, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL, October 12-16, 2020
- Site Visit to Primary Mentor’s Organization
First Quarter 2021
- Spring Academic Session, Washington, D.C., March 8-11, 2021
- National Health Policy Conference, Washington, D.C., March 10-11, 2021
Second Quarter 2021
- ELP and ELP-MD 2020-2021 Class Graduation, Hilton Riverside, New Orleans, LA, June 22, 2021
- AHIP’s 2021 Institute & Expo, New Orleans, LA, June 23-24, 2021
I can’t say enough about the benefits of the Kellogg session. I’ve been able to tangibly apply much of the learning on the job already to lead within our own organization more effectively. – Brian Tajlili, Director, Actuarial and Pricing Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina