Washington, D.C. – August 2, 2022 – A total of 15 AHIP member executives were named to 2 lists recognizing executives who are African American for their leadership and influence. Those lists are Savoy Magazine’s 2022 list of the most influential Black executives in corporate America and Becker’s Hospital Review’s list of 75 Black health care leaders to know.
Health insurance providers are committed to implementing real solutions to bring affordable, accessible, equitable, high-quality care to all Americans, and the recognition from Savoy and Becker’s recognizes the tremendous work AHIP members are doing every day to support that goal.
AHIP members named to the Savoy list included:
- Crystal E. Ashby, Executive Vice President & Chief People Officer, Independence Health Group
- Kelly Baker, Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer, Thrivent
- Charles T. Brooks, Executive Vice President, Operations and Systems, Kemper Corporation
- Greg Deavens, President and CEO, Independence Health Group
- Ken Drinkard, Senior Vice President & General Auditor, New York Life
- Jeff Gallimore, Chief Operations Officer, U.S. National Accounts, Zurich North America
- Cain Hayes, President and CEO, Point32Health
- Felicia Norwood, Executive Vice President and President, Government Business Division, Elevance Health
- Kurt Small, Senior Vice President & President, East Region, Commercial Specialty & Business Division, Elevance Health
- Hope H. Scott, Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, Blue Shield of California
- Mike Triplett, President, U.S. Commercial, Cigna
- Teresa White, President, AFLAC U.S.
AHIP members named to the Becker’s list included:
- Greg Adams, CEO, Kaiser
- Onyinye Enyia Daniel, PhD, Vice President of Data and Analytics Strategy and Partnerships at Highmark Health
- Margaret Larkins-Pettigrew, MD, Senior Vice President, Chief Clinical Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer at Allegheny Health Network
- Peter McCauley, MD, Corporate Medical Officer of Cigna
- Ruth Williams-Brinkley, President of Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of the Mid-Atlantic States
AHIP is the national association whose members provide health care coverage, services, and solutions to hundreds of millions of Americans every day. We are committed to market-based solutions and public-private partnerships that make health care better and coverage more affordable and accessible for everyone. Visit www.ahip.org to learn how working together, we are Guiding Greater Health.