Thank you for participating in the
2022 AHIP/OPM FEHB Carrier Virtual Conference
Below are FAQs and answers to help deliver an outstanding conference experience.
QUICK START INFO
How do I access conference when it begins on Wednesday, April 27?
During the week of April 18, all registered attendees will receive an email with log in information to access the 2022 AHIP/OPM FEHB Carrier Virtual Conference. In that email, you will find important details including what time to begin logging in for the conference. If you do not receive that email by Friday, April 22, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To test your computer, run a system test using the following link: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362283-Testing-computer-or-device-audio
- If you are having problems seeing the full screen, use the zoom function on your computer.
Are there special equipment requirements?
You may participate in the virtual conference from a desktop or laptop computer (Mac or PC) or mobile devices (Android or IOS).
We recommend you test your computer or device in advance. See section above.
What internet capacity is recommended?
You should use a strong, wired broadband connection with a speed of at least 1.4 Mbps. If your connection is slower, you may still participate but load times may be longer than normal. Other helpful tips include:
- Connect to the internet using a network cable rather than using a wireless network.
- Disconnect from VPN or corporate networks (if possible).
- Close any unnecessary applications (Microsoft Teams, Outlook, etc.).
- Refrain from browsing the internet, streaming media and/or downloading large files during this time.
Should I use a specific browser?
Chrome or Firefox are the most stable and consistent browsers for accessing this virtual environment.
What if I am having a hard time hearing the sessions/speakers?
- Check to make sure your speakers/headphones work and are at an appropriate volume.
- If you have internal speakers, make sure they are not muted.
- If you have external speakers, make sure they are powered on and are not muted.
- Make sure you did not lose internet connectivity.
- If you are using a mobile device, such as a cell phone or tablet, to watch the conference, make sure you have enough bandwidth. We advise using dedicated Wi-Fi or 4G.
Additional guidance on troubleshooting any system issues can be found here: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003-Zoom-technical-support
What if I have technical difficulties during the April 27-28 timeframe?
Please contact email@example.com for assistance with any technical difficulties.
Do I have to follow the April 27-28 agenda exactly as outlined?
Like an in-person conference, you will have a better experience if you follow the agenda as closely as possible.
For example, sessions will not begin before their scheduled time.
The sessions for the AHIP/OPM FEHB Carrier Virtual Conference will not be recorded and will not be accessible once the conference has ended.
Are conference handouts available?
Presentations (that speakers have given permissions to share) will be available after the conference ends. An email will be sent to all conference attendees on Friday, April 29, 2022, with a link to download the conference presentations.
What are the hours for the Registration Desk?
- Wednesday, April 27, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EDT
- Thursday, April 28, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm EDT
My colleague has decided they want to register. May they still register?
Participants may register through Thursday, April 28, 2022. Simply visit https://www.ahip.org/opm-registration-rates-and-policies, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
I registered online but am unable to access the content on the conference site.
Please contact the Registration Team at email@example.com. They will be able to assist you with getting connected into the conference site.
Will I have the opportunity to ask questions, similar to an in-person conference?
You will be able to ask questions of the speakers using the interactive chat box on Zoom.
If you are directing your question to a particular speaker in the chat box, please type @speaker’s name and type your question so the speaker will know the question is directed to him/her and can respond. If you have a question for all speakers on the panel, please type @all speakers and type your question. This gives all speakers the opportunity to weigh in and respond.
Are the sessions recorded? Will I be able to re-watch them if I am pulled away from my computer or have a conflict?
Sessions will not be recorded.
Are chats private or public?
Both are available. You may choose to participate in a public chat with numerous attendees, or a one-on-one private chat. Please be sure to select the audience you would like to chat with prior to sending a message.