At a Glance
- Students have up to 90 days to complete course
- Counts toward the FHIAS® professional designation
- Flexible, self-paced online format
- Technical support available by phone or email
What You’ll Learn
- A clear definition of the wellness concept and how it is applied to tackle chronic diseases and promote healthy behaviors.
- Recognition of the hazards of unhealthy weight gain and knowledge about the tools and techniques available to identify and address health risks.
- Understanding of why smoking is referred to as “the forgotten risk” and the critical challenges remaining for wellness programs.
- Knowledge about the core components of disease management and an exploration of its connection to wellness.
- Awareness of the common elements of wellness approaches to three major chronic diseases (diabetes, heart disease, and asthma), recognition of basic clinical aspects of each disease and how wellness tools can be applied.
- Descriptions of career paths opening up in the wellness field, what
the job responsibilities entail, and requirements for education and
Utilization of the wellness resource kit and how the various instruments can be used in planning and implementing workplace activities.
Who Should Take This Course
- Corporate decision-makers
- Human resource personnel
- Benefits specialists
- Employee assistance professionals
- Wellness managers
- Health insurance agents and underwriters
- Occupational health professionals
- Health, fitness, and rehabilitation professionals
- Long-term care and professionals
For even greater ROI, contact our experts at TrainingSolutions@ahip.org or call the Support Team at 866.234.6909. We can create a custom blend of courses, test prep classes, and group sessions that make the most sense for you and your budget.
Interested in getting the AHIP member rate for this course? Learn about becoming an Individual Member and sign up here!